1924  Paris Summer Olympics

1924 Summer Olympics - Olympic Venues

Venues of the 1924 Summer Olympics




 Seventeen sports venues were used in the 1924 Summer Olympics. Stade de Colombes served as the final venue for the 1938 FIFA World Cup between Italy and Hungary.  




Bagatelle Polo 598
Bassin d'Argenteuil Rowing 2,216
Camp de Châlons Shooting (600 m free rifle individual and team) 395
Fontainebleau Modern pentathlon (riding) Not listed.
Hippodrome d'Auteuil Equestrian 8,922
Issy-les-Moulineaux Shooting (trap shooting, including team event) 41
Le Havre Sailing 541
Le Stade Olympique de Reims Shooting (trap shooting, running target) 420
Le Stand de Tir de Versailles Modern pentathlon (shooting), Shooting (25 m rapid fire pistol, running deer) 82
Meulan-en-Yvelines Sailing 389
Piscine des Tourelles Diving, Modern pentathlon (swimming), Swimming, Water polo 8,023
Saint-Cloud Polo 7,836
Stade Bergeyre Football 10,455
Stade de Colombes Athletics, Cycling (road), Equestrian, Fencing, Football (final), Gymnastics, Modern pentathlon (fencing, running), Rugby union, Tennis 60,000
Stade de Paris Football 5,145
Stade Pershing Football 8,110
Vélodrome d'hiver Boxing, Fencing, Weightlifting, Wrestling 10,884
Vélodrome de Vincennes Cycling (track) 12,750

Château de Bagatelle

 The Château de Bagatelle is a small neoclassical château with several small formal French gardens, a rose garden, and an orangerie. It is set on 59 acres of gardens in French landscape style in the Bois de Boulogne, which is located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris.

In 1892, the Bagatelle grounds hosted the first French championship match in rugby union, in which local side Racing Club de France, predecessor of today's Racing 92, defeated fellow Parisians Stade Français 4–3. The Bagatelle also played host to some of the polo events for the 1924 Summer Olympics in neighbouring Paris.


View of the garden and rear elevation

Camp de Châlons

The camp de Châlons, also known as camp de Mourmelon, is a military camp of about 10,000 hectares at Mourmelon-le-Grand, near Châlons-en-Champagne. It was created at the behest of Napoleon III and opened August 30, 1857 during the Second French Empire.

The initial purpose was simply for practising military manoeuvres, but it quickly turned into a showcase of the French Imperial Army, a theatrical propaganda display, where French citizens could meet the army and watch parades. Each year the camp was transformed into a town of tents and wooden chalets.

The camp survived the fall of the Second Empire in 1872, but changed into a training camp and a departure point for troops engaging in overseas operations.

CPA MILITAIRE Au Camp de Chalons-La Forge de Campagne (316628)

The camp is used for military manoeuvres, and cavalry training, along with the neighbouring 2,500 hectare large Camp de Moronvilliers. Firing of live ordnance (rockets, missiles) is prohibited.

The camp was selected to host the individual and team 600 m free rifle shooting events for the 1924 Summer Olympics in neighbouring Paris. To that purpose, temporary facilities were constructed on and near the camp's firing range.



Fontainebleau (/ˈfɒntɪnˌbl/; French pronunciation: ​[fɔ̃tɛnblo]) is a commune in the metropolitan area of Paris, France. It is located 55.5 kilometres (34.5 mi) south-southeast of the centre of Paris. Fontainebleau is a sub-prefecture of the Seine-et-Marne department, and it is the seat of the arrondissement of Fontainebleau. The commune has the largest land area in the Île-de-France region; it is the only one to cover a larger area than Paris itself.

For the 1924 Summer Olympics, the town played host to the riding portion of the modern pentathlon event. This event took place near a golf course

Fontainebleau palace garden fountain and Grand canal

Auteuil Hippodrome


The Auteuil Hippodrome is a horse racing venue on Route des Lacs in Paris, France. The 33-hectare (82-acre) race course opened November 1, 1873. It is designed exclusively for steeplechase racing.

Modernized a number of times, in 1971 access was improved when two pedestrian tunnels were built under the tracks that lead to the Porte d'Auteuil and the Porte de Passy.

It hosted the equestrian events of the 1924 Summer Olympics
Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για Auteuil Hippodrome 1924


Issy-les-Moulineaux (French pronunciation: ​[isi le mulino]) is a commune in the southwestern suburban area of Paris, France, lying on the left bank of the river Seine. It is one of Paris entrances and is located 6.6 km (4.1 mi) from Notre-Dame Church, which is considered Kilometre Zero of France

Le Havre


 Le Havre (UK: /lə ˈhɑːv(rə)/,[3] French: [lə ɑvʁ] (About this soundlisten); Norman: Lé Hâvre), is an urban French commune and city in the Seine-Maritime department in the Normandy region of northwestern France. It is situated on the right bank of the estuary of the river Seine on the Channel southwest of the Pays de Caux.

The city also hosted the sailing events for the 1900 and 1924 Summer Olympics, respectively.

 Le Palais de la Société des Régates au Havre.jpg

Stade Olympique de Reims

 Le Stade Olympique de Reims was the temporary name of a firing range located in Tinqueux, near Reims, France, home of the Société de Tir de Reims. For the 1924 Summer Olympics in neighboring Paris, the range hosted the shooting 50 m rifle prone event.  

Le Stand de Tir de Versailles

 Le Stand de Tir de Versailles (English: Versailles Shooting Stand) is a firing range located in Versailles, France in the Le Parc des Sports de Versailles (English: Versailles Sports Park). For the 1924 Summer Olympics in neighboring Paris, it hosted all of the sport shooting events except trap shooting which took place at Issy-les-Moulineaux, and the shooting portion of the modern pentathlon.  

Piscine des Tourelles

 The Piscine des Tourelles, sometimes listed as Le stade nautique des Tourelles, is an aquatics venue that was used to host the diving, swimming, water polo, and the swimming portion of the modern pentathlon events for the 1924 Summer Olympics. Located in the 20th arrondissement of Paris, it hosted eleven swimming, diving, and one water polo during those games. Attendance at the games totaled 51,000 for all eight event days  
Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για Piscine des Tourelles 1924

Saint-Cloud Racecourse


Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud is a grass race course for Thoroughbred flat horse racing opened in 1901 at 1 rue du Camp Canadien in Saint-Cloud near Paris, France. During World War 1, the race course site housed the No. 4 Canadian Stationary Hospital operated by the Canadian Army Medical Corp. On July 8, 1916 the No. 4 CSH was elevated to the No. 8 Canadian General Hospital and operated until decommissioned in 1919.The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc (1856–1920) in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc was established in 1921.

The venue was used for some of the polo events for the 1924 Summer Olympics.

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για Saint-Cloud Racecourse 1924

Stade Bergeyre


Stade Bergeyre is a former sports stadium in northeast of Paris, France, located in 19th district of the French capital. Built in August 1918, with financial support of Jacques Sigrand. Its capacity was approximately 15,000, and the name comes from the name of a French rugby player, who died in First World War.

Bergeyre stadium was mainly used for football games, and was home of the Olympique Paris team. Also, rugby, track and field and various other activities (e.g. circus) took place there. In 1924, several football and rugby games of the Olympic Games took place here. However, just two years later, it was demolished because the city of Paris, which was quickly growing, needed space for housing.

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για Stade Bergeyre 1924

Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir


The Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir (also known as the Stade Olympique de Colombes, or simply Colombes to the locals) is a rugby, track and association football stadium in Colombes, near Paris, France.

Named in memory of French rugby player Yves du Manoir in 1928, it was the main stadium for the 1924 Summer Olympics and had a capacity of 45,000 at the time.[2] During the 1924 games, it hosted the athletics, some of the cycling, some of the horse riding, gymnastics, tennis, some of the football, rugby, and two of the modern pentathlon events (running, fencing). The Olympic races involving Harold Abrahams and Eric Liddell which are portrayed in the film Chariots of Fire were run here, although the stadium was not used for the film

Stade de Paris

The Stade de Paris (usually called Stade Bauer) is a 10,000-capacity football stadium in Saint-Ouen, Seine-Saint-Denis in the northern suburbs of Paris. The stadium is mainly used by Red Star F.C. who currently play in the Championnat National but have tasted success in the Coupe de France, winning it on five occasions (1921, 1922, 1923, 1928, 1942).
Saint-Ouen in 1972
The Stade de Saint-Ouen was home to Red Star for over eighty-five years, but was also used for other events, such as Rugby League, motorbikes, concerts and political meetings. But it's main purpose was of course football. The national team played several matches there between 1911 and 1914 as well as a match during the Paris Olympics of 1924.

Stade Pershing

Stade Pershing (French pronunciation: ​[stad pɛʁʃiŋ]) was a multi-purpose stadium in the Bois de Vincennes in Paris, France. It was used mostly for football matches and hosted the final of the Coupe de France on four occasions. It hosted the Inter-Allied Games in 1919 and the first Women's World Games in 1922. It also hosted some of the football matches during the 1924 Summer Olympics. The stadium was able to hold 29,000 spectators at its height; it opened in 1919 and closed in 1960. Its area currently hosts baseball games.
Stade Pershing

Vélodrome d'Hiver

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για Vélodrome d'Hiver 1924

The Vélodrome d'Hiver (French pronunciation: ​[velɔdʁɔm divɛʁ], Winter Velodrome), colloquially Vel' d'Hiv, was an indoor bicycle racing cycle track and stadium (velodrome) on rue Nélaton, not far from the Eiffel Tower in Paris. As well as a cycling track, it was used for ice hockey, wrestling, boxing, roller-skating, circuses, bullfighting, spectaculars, and demonstrations. It was the first permanent indoor track in France and the name persisted for other indoor tracks built subsequently.

For the 1924 Summer Olympics, the velodrome hosted boxing, fencing, weightlifting, and wrestling events.

Vélodrome de Vincennes


The Vélodrome de Vincennes (officially Vélodrome Jacques Anquetil - La Cipale) is a cycling stadium in the Bois de Vincennes, Paris, France.

Initially built as a velodrome in 1894, it became the main stadium for the 1900 Summer Olympics;[1] Events that took place in the Velodrome at the 1900 Summer Olympics included cycling, cricket, rugby union, football and gymnastics.[2] However, the track and field events were held at the Racing Club de France.

At the 1924 Summer Olympics it became the cycling (track) venue


Real time web analytics, Heat map tracking

Olympic Games



All Events